Giorgio Ventre is Full Professor of Information Processing Systems at the University of Naples Federico II; Director of the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies, University of Naples Federico II; Scientific Director of the iOS Developer Academy University of Naples Federico II; President of Campania NewSteel.
The research activity of Giorgio Ventre is in the sector of information processing systems and telecommunications networks according to the following main fields:
- Parallel programming languages
- Distributed Operating Systems
- Network Architectures for Multimedia Applications
- Multimedia applications
- Wireless Applications and Systems
- Traffic and Network Engineering
- IT Security
- Characterization and analysis of Internet traffic
- New Network Architectures for Service Resilience
- Internet governance and development
In all these fields, Giorgio Ventre has developed cutting-edge research, producing results that are considered among the most important in the related areas.
In the course of his research, Giorgio Ventre favored the creation of several start-ups.
In particular, the following are mentioned: Tipic, Meetecho (www.meetecho.com), NM2 and Interwine (www.intertwine.it).